How to turn off voice on Samsung TV
If you’re looking to turn off Voice Guide on your Samsung TV, you’ll first need to find the right spot in your menu. The voice guide is a valuable feature on many smart TVs that lets you quickly access certain functions without using numbers or letters. However, it can also become annoying if it’s activated when no one is around especially if you’re watching TV at night with the lights off and only want to hear what’s happening on-screen. Thankfully, turning off Voice Guide is as simple as following these steps:
Click Menu on your remote:
The first thing you’ll want to do is press the “Menu” button on your remote. This is a physical button usually located on the top or side of your TV remote control, depending on its brand and model. If it doesn’t have one, try clicking on its power button (usually labeled “Power”) instead. Once you’ve pressed this button, wait for a few seconds until all of your buttons light up again with their usual functionality before proceeding with steps through a 6 below:
To turn off your voice, follow these steps:
- On your TV, press the Menu button and select System Settings.
- Select Sound and then under Voice Control Functions select Turn off Voice Recognition (or if you’re using a Samsung SmartThings hub with an Android phone, choose to Turn off All Voice Recognition).
Press the Menu button on your remote to open the menu screen.
Choose Voice Guide and press the down arrow to turn off voice guide
Choose Voice Guide:
To turn off voice on your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Choose Voice Guide from the list of options that appear on-screen.
Choose the appropriate option for you by pressing it and then selecting OK in response to any prompts that appear during this process (such as “Would you like to use another media type?”).
Press the down arrow to turn off Voice Guide.
To turn off Voice Guide, press the down arrow on the remote and then press enter. You’ll see an option to turn Voice Guide on or off.
Tap on [Voice Guide] on your mobile device’s app screen and then select [Off].
Say “Start TV.”
Press the enter button to confirm and exit:
After you have made your selections, press the enter button to confirm and exit. This will take you to the next screen where you can review your choices and make any changes. Once you are satisfied with your selections, press the enter button again to finalize your order and exit the menu.
Press the up arrow to turn on Voice Guide:
Assuming you would like an elaborate paragraph on the heading “Press the up arrow to turn on Voice Guide”:
To turn on Voice Guide, press the up arrow on your remote control. Voice Guide provides an audio description of on-screen elements, including menu options and actions. This can be helpful for users who are blind or have low vision.
You can control if and when you hear a voice on your TV
You can still use your remote to control the volume, but if you don’t want to hear any voice from your Samsung TV, there are two ways to do this:
- In the Smart Hub menu on your TV, select “Settings” and then “General.” From there, scroll down until you see “Reminder Settings,” which allows you to turn off reminders for specific apps like Netflix or YouTube (you’ll still see their names in the Home menu). Then select “Voice Reminders” under Reminders settings; this will be where all of your reminder settings live. Select “Enable Voice Reminder” so that it turns green the next time we talk about reminders!
Voice controls are a great feature on Samsung TVs, but you can turn them off if you prefer. You might not need to use them all the time and this will save on power or battery life. The best part about this is that it’s easy to do with just one button on your remote control!